Each and everything we use in our daily life is provided by environment only. Environment is capable to provide anything and everything to us, that we need. While in the recent decades, a tremendous damage has been caused to the environment by human interactions, craving for our ever-demanding needs. The uncontrolled use of fossil fuels is the root reason for all environmental changes. The released greenhouse gases have spoiled the environment, causing climate change problems.
These climate change problems are needed to be tackled as our social responsibility; the government rules have been tightened in the way to balance the environment. The businesses need to comply with the standards which demand implementation of measures that account for social responsibility of the businesses.
We at CCR help the businesses, making it simple for them to be inline with the standards. We provide end to end solutions to our clients for environment related concerns at their businesses with our expert team and vast experience over these concerns since years.
Companies are required by a number of government legislated programs to annually report (or account for) their emissions and consumption data. Many companies also voluntarily report on their sustainability performance through Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) reports.
This “Carbon Accounting” requires the timely and efficient collection and management of data from many internal and external sources then conversion to the format required for reporting. Companies need to keep up to date with regular changes to the programs and methodologies so that their reports can be presented at the right time with the required information in a manner that complies with the program requirements.
Our team of professionals has been providing carbon accounting services to corporations across a range of sectors for more than 10 years. By working with our clients to understand their business and their needs we are able to support companies to meet their mandatory and voluntary reporting needs in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. The services include:
- Greenhouse gas reporting, emission licensing etc.
- Auditing, quality assurance and compliance with record-keeping requirements
- Environmental accounting system implementation and assurance
Climate change adaptation is a response to global warming and climate change, that seeks to reduce the vulnerability of social and biological systems to relatively sudden changes and thus offset the effects of global warming. Even if emissions are stabilized relatively soon, global warming and its effects should last many years, and adaptation would be necessary to the resulting changes in climate. Adaptation is especially important in developing countries since those countries are predicted to bear the brunt of the effects of global warming. The corporate businesses as well as local governments are taking steps to adapt to the social, economical and business risks due to climate change problems. CCR helps the clients for policy making, strategical planning and implementation of the activities for adaptation to climate change risks. CCR enhances capability of the clients, making them able to handle all the climate change related issues and adopt their businesses to upgrade sustainability standards.
Environmental Management System
Environmental management system (EMS) refers to the management of an organization’s environmental programs in a comprehensive, systematic, planned and documented manner. It includes the organizational structure, planning and resources for developing, implementing and maintaining policy for environmental protection.
An environmental management system (EMS):
- Serves as a tool, or process, to improve environmental performance and information mainly “design, pollution control and waste minimization, training, reporting to top management, and the setting of goals”
- Provides a systematic way of managing an organization’s environmental affairs
- Is the aspect of the organization’s overall management structure that addresses immediate and long-term impacts of its products, services and processes on the environment. EMS assists with planning, controlling and monitoring policies in an organization.
- Gives order and consistency for organizations to address environmental concerns through the allocation of resources, assignment of responsibility and ongoing evaluation of practices, procedures and processes
- Creates environmental buy-in from management and employees and assigns accountability and responsibility.
- Sets framework for training to achieve objectives and desired performance.
- Helps understand legislative requirements to better determine a product or service’s impact, significance, priorities and objectives.
- Focuses on continual improvement of the system and a way to implement policies and objectives to meet a desired result. This also helps with reviewing and auditing the EMS to find future opportunities.
- Encourages contractors and suppliers to establish their own EMS.
- Facilitates e-reporting to federal, state and provincial government environmental agencies through direct upload.
CCR helps the clients to implement such a system in the most effective way possible; we provide end-to-end consultancy solution for implementation of an environmental management system that includes, policy, strategical planning, system development and maintenance.